Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nope, Still Don't Like It

Another long run Sunday. 14 miles today. The weather was perfect too- sunny and 70s. Normally I enjoy the alone time on these days, but for various reasons I did not want to be alone with my thoughts today. So I tried running with the Ipod. I listened to a few songs and a few chapters of my audiobook, but that was about all I could take. I ditched the Ipod after about mile 5 and was much happier.

It turned out to be a good run. About 25 mins faster than the last time I did this distance, and I felt just as good if not better than last time. It's interesting because I don't feel any different today than I did a few months ago. But comparing those two workouts to each other shows that obviously things have changed. The training must be working!

In other news, Carnival season is well underway. I went to the Krewe du Vieux parade last night, widely known as one of the most satirical and THE most "risque" parade of them all. A few years ago, this was the first Mardi Gras parade I ever saw. My mom was visiting so we both went. After the first few floats with gigantic replicas of male genitalia, swimming sperms on sticks, the walking krewe of "Pizza Sluts" with strategically placed pizza boxes (think SNL's Dick in a Box skit), we realized we weren't in Kansas anymore! The theme for this year was "Stimulus Package". Warning: pictures not family friendly...!












1 comment:

Mookl said...

What if they really do have risque parades in Kansas? We'd have to think of a whole new benchmark for puritanism.