Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Big One, Part I

I knew this weekend was going to be big. Probably my first clue was Jennifer putting "BIG WEEKEND" into Training Peaks. Also her advice that I take Friday off of work. When I first saw this weekend in my training plan, I was scared of it. But as I got closer, I kind of started getting excited for it, and anxious to see how it would turn out.

Two days down, one to go. Friday's Longest Swim Ever (5000 yd) was good, followed by a nice, uneventful 10 mile run. Today was an 80 mile bike, which I almost cut short but I'm glad I didn't. I rode with New Training Buddy Shannon again today, and I'm grateful for that because he's the reason I didn't stop after our first 63-mile loop. I know I would've regretted it. It was a WINDY day but we hung in there.

And got water at the same gas station as last week, and wished to jump into the same ice machine again:


Then this evening, sporting the compression socks, went out to the Greek Festival and ate gyros, yum.

Tomorrow's brick extravaganza? Bring it on!!

No comments: