Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tiles! Paint! Cabinets!

Lots has been happening over the last few days! As my elderly next door neighbor, Miss Ella, says, "They sho been makin' a lotta noise back there!"

They finished ripping everything out- floors, bathroom fixtures, kitchen cabinets- just about anything that could be removed, was. Then after the structural beam got fixed and the ceiling got replaced, it was time to get to work on the exciting stuff. Like tiles! The color is "Coral Almond". It was a tough choice between Coral Almond and Coral Beige. The fact that I thought that Coral Almond looked beige-ier and Coral Beige looked almond-ier did not help the decision process. The wall color choice was a little easier. Sam, the decorator, handed me three options and all I had to do was point to one of them. And since it's such a small space, we're using the same paint color throughout. The colors look a lot more bland in the pictures than they do in real life... I think they look great! I'm really happy with my decisions.

New pretty ceiling and new paint!


Some tiles laid and one coat of paint:




One of the only things I kept was the tile in the kitchen. It's in good shape and the color actually goes well with the other tile & the walls.

The kitchen, with old crusty cabinets removed (the tile is covered in drywall dust, so you can't see the real color of it):


The guts of the bathroom wall:


The rest of the bathroom (yes it really is that small):


At the end of that day, my assignment was to pick a grout for them to use the next day. The sample my contractor originally brought was a nice color, but too light. I have NO desire to be cleaning grout in the next, well, EVER- so I knew I needed a darker color.

Which one do you like best?


The top one? Yeah me too!


Also on Grout Day, guess what showed up in my yard? Some lovely new Honey Maple kitchen cabinets!!


Very sturdy and good quality. I was impressed.


Last but not least- guess what that is on the ground over there?


That's my shower! I had a very clear idea in my head of what I wanted the tile in the shower to look like, but I wasn't sure my contractor and I were on the same page. When I saw the special tiles show up in the yard, it was a good sign. It also meant that I better get my design finalized with him QUICKLY because soon it would be too late!

No comments: