Monday, March 2, 2015

Hittin' the Road

Yep that's right.  After what feels like forever and a half, I can finally say we are leaving TOMORROW!  Everything is packed except for our last bit of stuff, which happens to be a window into the souls of our personal organizational strategies:

His.

Mine.

Hey what can I say.  I have a system.  Doesn't matter if no one else understands it.

Today was all about last minute errands.  Picked up the horse blankets from the cleaner, got shavings for the trailer, had a very important appointment regarding my AWESOME BIRTHDAY PRESENT (pics later), grabbed some first aid supplies, fixed the lights on the trailer AGAIN.

The last few days have moved fast.  Friday night Rich & I went out and got my AWESOME BIRTHDAY PRESENT (I know, the suspense is killing you, right?).  Then my parents came to town for my actual birthday day on Saturday.  We went out to a really yummy dinner at Black Rock Steakhouse.  I ate so much steak.  Have you ever experienced beef intoxication?  Well now I have.  But it was my birthday, so it doesn't count, right?  Less than 24 hours after they arrived, M & D were back on their way home.  Tonight was a homecooked goodbye dinner with Alicia & Greg (& Rocky).  Everyone enjoyed the quality time; considering we've all been living in the same house, we actually don't see each other that much.

On to the next phase... Yes I'm really excited to get to Alaska, move into the new house, enjoy the road trip, get to work with my team in person again... but really all I can think about is HORSES!!!  We'll be meeting them this weekend!!!  I can hardly stand it.

Best feature of the newly modified trailer:


That view is sitting on the bed (the one for humans), looking through a lift-up window towards the horse section.  My horse friends have already guessed it... yes, this means I'll be able to PET THE HORSES WITHOUT GETTING OUT OF BED.  Talk about awesome!!  I can't wait to see their fuzzy little muzzles snuffling over the window ledge.

But we do have a good chunk of driving before we get there, and we will be traveling with a trailer and four dogs, so I'll have to keep my head in the game and not just count the minutes until HORSES.  We'll be going through several states I've never been in before, so that's cool!  Cameras at the ready.

No comments: