Monday, November 17, 2008

Stuff I Like...

pbg's Product Hall of Fame:




My Nike FitDry sportsbras. These things rock. I am VERY picky about my sportsbras. They have to be tight enough to stop the bounce, stretchy enough to get on and off easily, have a wide chest band to be supportive and allow for the HRM, and be made of a good technical material. Check, check, check and check. I think I have one in every color!




Under Armour running shorts. They hardly feel like I'm wearing anything at all. And even on long runs, no chafeage. Sweet.




Nike running gear- whenever I go to the sporting goods store (which is way more often than I should), I always try on all the brands but I keep coming back to Nike. The materials are good, the fit is good, the cuts are good. They don't make me look like a sausage (like Under Armour does, except for the above shorts), they don't fit me weird (Adidas) or ride up (Champion, and many of the off-brands) and they seem to last a long time. This tank top is my current favorite. I like to wear it for my long runs. I think it has some special clip for your head phone cord, but I don't use that. I just like how it fits.




Garmin Forerunner 405. This thing is totally cool. It does way more things than a watch should ever be expected to do. I'm addicted.




Bike shoes. Easy on/off, comfortable, and apparently stylish- I had a girl stop me one time as I was leaving for a ride to ask me where I got those cool shoes so she could get some. She was disappointed when I showed her they were bike shoes and really not the best for walking around in, although she looked like she was still considering it anyway.




Angel Eyewear sunglasses, "Mystique". I first bought these on my first (and only so far!) trip to California. I lost them when I moved, and I was so disappointed because I don't think they make them anymore and they really are the best sport sunglasses I've ever had. They fit my face perfectly and don't bounce when I run. Fortunately I found someone selling them on ebay, so I bought all they had!




Calf sleeve. I am so in love with this thing. It helped me tremendously when I was trying to come back from my shin splints. At first I wore it 24x7, now I just wear it when I work out. I could probably wean myself off of it at this point, but I'm very attached to it. As you can see, it's been through a lot :)




The best running shoes ever- Saucony ProGrid Hurricane 9. I got fitted for these by my PT and I'm about ready to get my 3rd pair. Along with my orthotics, these shoes keep my over-pronating feet in line, which keeps the rest of me healthy and happy.




Foooood.... The best stuff I've found so far. I have a lot of experimenting still to do, but so far I love: Gu2O (great calorie/carb replacement without an overwhelming flavor or overload of sugar), Honey Stinger (honey as an energy gel- genius! And the gummies are great too), Hammer Bars and Larabars (very few ingredients, and they're all recognizable- cashews, dates, almonds, raisins- and the texture and taste are perfect for mid-workout), nuun (light taste, slight fizziness, great for replacing electrolytes when you don't need the sugar or calories of energy drinks).

2 comments:

Molly said...

I love it! Where would I get product recs if not for other people's blogs? :)

Quality By Rich said...

I think Allen Iverson beat you to the whole "athletic sleeves are cool" thing. . .