Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On To The Next One

Home safe from India. It was a looong flight! We almost missed our connection in Newark. This was after over 20 hours of traveling already. It's a good thing we made it (barely!) because I think I would've lost it at that point.

Now time to focus on Vegas. And it's about time too, since the race is Sunday and I leave here in 2 days. It's been a while since my last race so I've been thinking about this one for kind of a long time. I was doing really well too, putting some great long runs in the bank over the last few weeks. Then my schedule got upset by the terrorist attacks, and my whole system was upset by the traveling anyway, and now I'm kind of stressing. I shouldn't be any less fit than I was a week or two ago, but I still feel that way.

I think I decided that if this race does not go well, I'm going to try to find another half marathon to do in the very near future. Then hopefully I won't have to deal with any issues like I did with this one and I'll be able to have the good race that I know is in me. But I'm not going to think about that any more right now, because there's still a race to run. And two of the things I know I'm good at are focus and determination. My head's not quite where I want it to be in those respects considering how close the race is, but I have faith that come race time I will be ON. Thirteen miles? Easy peasy. Bring it on!!

No comments: